Author Laura Roberts shares her AW20 picks from the Thrift for Good online store!
OK, so it may still be 35 degrees outside, but as the Dubai winter brings the mercury down to a bearable level, we’re getting fired up for new season trends. Here’s how to work them into your wardrobe with some amazing thrifty finds.
Prints Charming: Leopard, floral, checks, spots - you name it, prints are everywhere this season! As much as we love the rich autumnal shades that crop up this time of year, adding some print into your everyday style keeps things interesting.
Our Top Picks:
- Floral Halterneck, Dorothy Perkins, 30 AED - The ditsy print is usually a spring trend, but darker florals work great in autumn too. This ruffled halterneck will look stunning with a pair of skinny jeans and heels.
- Red & Black Check Dress, Dorothy Perkins, 30 AED - We’re getting serious 60s mod vibes here. This is a great investment buy that can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion.
- Leopard Print Coat, Koton, 50 AED- Serious bargain alert! This coat is bang on trend for AW20 and is slightly more muted than other leopard print options if you want to ease yourself in slowly!
Wrap Up: The mornings and evenings are getting cooler, so why not opt for some stylish knitwear as we head into winter? The perfect transitional piece, layer yours over a day dress or keep it casual with jeans and a pair of Converse. When you live in permanent aircon, a selection of sweaters and trusty knits are considered wardrobe essentials - trust us on that!
Our Top Picks:
- Knit Sweater, Zara, 30 AED - There’s a lot to love about this simple, yet stylish knit from Zara. First, the colour - who doesn’t love mint green? And then the price - it’s only 30 AED! Better snap it up quick as this won’t be around for long.
- Knitted Cardigan, Banana Republic, 50 AED - This is a great piece to add a pop of colour to your outfit. Smart enough for the office, relaxed enough to WFH and stylish enough to wear out and about - it ticks all the boxes.
- Varsity Logo Sweater, H&M, 30 AED - A more relaxed choice for our final pick - this ultra-cool retro-themed sweater from H&M. Varsity sweats are huge right now, as our obsession with 90s culture continues. A must-buy.
Sports Mania: The Dubai Fitness Challenge is back for its fourth year, so what better time to get back into sports and update your fitness gear? Sportswear has gone mainstream in recent years, with so many options that are both functional and fashionable. In other words, the dream combo.
- Camo Sports Top, Adidas, 30 AED - Military, camo and zebra print combine in this fab workout top from adidas. A subtle style statement, team with plain tights to take your workout to the next level.
- Grey Mesh Panel Leggings, Forever 21, 30 AED - The high street has come a long way with its selection of fitness gear, as this pair of grey leggings from Forever 21 shows. The mesh panel is a nice design detail, whilst the fabric is soft and comfortable: win-win.
- Long Sleeve Yoga Shirt, New Balance, 30 AED - Yoga wear can be expensive, but this cobalt blue shirt from New Balance is purse-friendly, stylish and comfortable - everything you need in one!